We recognize that our customers' privacy is important and that they have the right to control it. Our policy for dealing with any personal information that is disclosed to us is explained below.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information Spredda collects depends on the nature of your dealings with us. To be able to provide you with our goods and services, we may need to collect your:
• residential address;
• phone number;
• date of birth;
• email address;
• payment and transaction details;
• your income bracket;
• details of your dealings with us; and
• any other information reasonably necessary to provide you with our goods and services.
To make payments, Spredda may need your debit card or bank account details.
If you are one of our merchants, or one of their employees, we may collect your name, contact details and position in the organization.
If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
Further we may collect your personal information you provide as a result of completing a customer survey, such as information regarding your employer, your job title and household details.
Where you provide us with personal information about someone else, you must have their consent to provide their personal information to us.
ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
Given the nature of the goods and services that we provide we are generally not able to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
How we collect personal information also depends on the nature of your dealings with us.
We collect personal information directly from you whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may also collect personal information from third parties in the course of providing goods or services to you or to them. We may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) for security, dispute resolution and training purposes.
We collect personal information:
• from you directly, including when you make a non-cash payment; provide information over the phone, online or on documentation such as an order form, complete a customer survey, apply for a job with us, or when you participate in a promotion conducted by us; or through your social media profiles;
• from other customers who request us to provide goods or services to you, when they provide information over the phone, online or on documentation such as an Order Form;
• from our agents, when they provide information regarding their customers; and
• from your employer, if you are employed by one of our suppliers or contractors and they provide us with your personal information.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OUR WEBSITES
Spredda also collects some information from you when you use our websites. This can include information about software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered and user activity such as links clicked. Your use of the facilities and services available through the Websites will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity.
The only personal information which Spredda collects about you when you use our Websites is what you tell us about yourself, for example by completing a registration form or information you provide to us when you send us an email. In other cases we may associate information about your use of the Spredda website over time with your personal information, e.g. where on any occasion you have logged in, followed a link sent to you by email or we have otherwise been able to identify you. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
While great care is taken to protect your personal information on our Websites, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
Our Websites may contain links/plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices or policies of, those sites.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Spredda only collects personal information in connection with carrying out its business activities. We will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) you have provided the personal information, or for a purpose for which you have consented.
Generally, how we use personal information will be apparent from the way in which we collect it, or will be disclosed at the time of collection.
Personal information may be used to:
• provide you with goods and services, or information regarding our goods and services;
• process payment for your order; and
• Administer our relationship with you efficiently.
Spredda may use your personal information for research and development of our goods or services or to send you information about other goods or services offered by us which may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com and we will respect your request. Alternatively, simply select the "unsubscribe" option in any of the emails that you receive from us.
If you apply for a job with us, we will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is reasonably necessary. In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SPREDDA DISCLOSE?
In general, Spredda will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. However, in certain circumstances, Spredda may disclose your personal information to our business partners and organizations offering goods and services which may be of interest to you for direct marketing purposes. Spredda may disclose your information:
• where Spredda is required by law to disclose information to third parties; or
• to related companies and credit partners; or
• in certain circumstances to organizations offering goods and services which Spredda considers may be of interest to you for direct marketing purposes; or
• where Spredda has outsourced functions to third party contractors for example, mail house, and delivery personnel or hosting servers. In order for us to operate our business we may share your personal information with a contractor. We require our contractors to undertake to comply with the Privacy Act. They are also required to sign a confidentiality agreement in relation to any information that is made available to them as a result of their engagement by Spredda; or
• your nominated agent may be advised of your contact and account details; or
• banks and financial institutions in accordance with your direct debit request.
DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
There may be circumstances where we need to disclose personal information that we hold about you to a third party overseas. This may occur, for example, where:
• we have a database or server hosted outside Nigeria;
• we send personal information to our related entities in Nigeria or
• we arrange for goods that you have ordered from us that are located overseas to be delivered directly to you from that oversea(s) location.
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Spredda is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. Personal information may be stored electronically and in some cases hard copy format. We use encryption technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information. Any personal information on hard copy format that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose is destroyed securely.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to your personal information by contacting us through the contact details listed below. Before we are able to provide you with access to your personal information, we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort by us.
If any of the personal information you have provided to us changes (for example, if you move or change your phone number), please let us know so that we can update your personal information.
If you find any inaccuracies in your personal information, please let us know.
In the case of access and correction requests, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. Under the Privacy Act 1988 and other relevant laws, we are required to provide our reasons if we refuse your request. Where we decide not to make a requested correction and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information. As an extra measure all customers have the option of having the information in relation to their account protected by a password chosen by them.
HOW DO WE DEAL WITH PRIVACY COMPLAINTS?
Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns. To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
1. Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
2. Telephone us on Spredda: 08187571902 or 08127536393 where your situation will be reviewed and if possible, resolved straight away.
3. If you are not satisfied with our response, we may require you to submit your complaint in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details. We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to respond to you in writing within 14 days of receipt of your written complaint.